[kwlug-disc] Grounding for antenna

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Jun 13 10:54:58 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-13 09:46, Paul Gallaway wrote:
> If there were a lightning induced energy travelling down a wire I would prefer it not come inside my house.
Think of the Nuclear EMP. Lightning does the same. It can create a
rapidly changing electromagnetic pulse from the current transfer.
And this electromagnetic pulse can create surge voltages in nearby
conductors.
This is some of the what the various surge protectors guard against.

And as said earlier, lightning rods and such may be enough to bleed off
charge preventing a build up.

As for a direct lightning strike: there are lots of joules at play.

JohnJ