[kwlug-disc] Website hosting

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:57:51 EDT 2014

I currently run two websites that are hosted on myhosting.com.  One is for
a charity I help out and the other is my own blog.  Everytime I see the
charges on my Visa bill I wonder if there's a cheaper solution. I pay for
both my own site and the charity's, so any cost savings would be
appreciated.

Do any of you guys use a hosting service and if so, which one and are they
any good?

My only real requirements are Wordpress capable (i.e. both sites are
predominantly Wordpress generated) and a few email accounts.  I don't need
anything too fancy.

I know somebody in this mail list is going to suggest that I host these
myself but I'm not sure if I'm technically savvy enough to do this.  If you
can loan me a copy of "web hosting for dummies" maybe I could look into
it...

Please let me know your thoughts on this!