[kwlug-disc] OT:Cable Splitters/Rogers

Paul Gallaway paul at gallaway.ca
Mon Jun 9 10:55:47 EDT 2014

To test if it's the splitter, remove it, and use a female-to-female
F-connector adapter to connect your TV directly to your cable line in.
If it's the splitter, the picture should be improved. If it's
something else it shouldn't change anything. Something else could be
your cable to your TV or any cable run upstream from there per Khalid.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> You can get cheap cables at Sayal in Cambridge. A 3 ft cable is $3.49. Home
> Depot has reasonable prices for the short ones ($4.99 for 3 ft) if that is a
> closer drive for you. Avoid Best Buy and The Source. They are double the
> price.

Canada Computers isn't terrible for cables either if they are closer
than Sayal. I don't get out of Waterloo enough ;) If you're updating
cables you want to get the RG6 type coax, not the RG59 type. Memory is
drawing a blank on the "why."