[kwlug-disc] Any experience with cloudatcost.com VPS?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jul 30 23:36:23 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM, hubert <hubert at uhoreg.ca> wrote:

> I don't have experience with DigitalOcean, but I have a couple VPSs with
> RamNode, which is/was cheaper than DigitalOcean.

Their web site says the underlying technology is OpenVZ (and KVM).

>From past experiences with many clients, I recommend that everyone avoid
OpenVZ/Virtuozzo like the plague, at least for Drupal sites.

There are many issues, starting with a slow file system (vzfs) to general
sluggishness ...

I wrote about this in the past, here:

http://2bits.com/articles/hosting-virtualization-openvz-vs-xen-which-is-best.html

http://2bits.com/articles/common-issues-and-solutions-dealing-cloud-computing-and-vps-performance-issues-drupal.html