[kwlug-disc] Moving away from Rogers Internet

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Jul 26 01:21:08 EDT 2014

You will see the same in dsl reports.

I was impressed with the level of customer care and service I've seen,
especially vis a vis the complete opposite commentary for Acanac.

When you read, just make sure to discount Rogers initiated impact and so
on - such comments will be true regardless of the cable internet
operator, as they all depend upon Rogers. Also discount things like
growing pains - which Acanac experienced quite a bit of, rolling, some
while ago. Those were one offs quickly taken care of. Perhaps 1 - 3
months in any given area, but any delays in resolution wasn't for lack
of effort. Unlike the perception of their customer service - too many
issues for too few reps, too poorly trained, with too poor internal
systems. (Acanac, not vmedia.)

During the period of those issues, K-W was impacted - capacity in the
area was expanded, and all issues went away. Which is to say ... impact
of Rogers backbone for capacity issues in this area were some while
back, and should not be issues going forwards for some years to come.

I expect you'll have seamless service as long as Rogers backbone stays
happy. If you have other administrative issues, presumably you'll at
least have internet for the duration by which to deal with them.