[kwlug-disc] Moving away from Rogers Internet

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jul 25 17:40:18 EDT 2014

Wonderful! Thank you for this, I meant to do the same but got
sidetracked - but it was on my radar again. Very timely - thank you.

One question though, on Rogers cancellation / modem return.

 From my prior start, as you note, Rogers needs to be cancelled, for
effect in at least 30 days. (The reseller needs a cancellation date to
be able to kick in their processes.) Your note indicates you had Rogers
internet up to the night before. At loss of internet switch to new modem
and get on with your day.

So you still had the Rogers modem (gateway)? What was the time line
surrounding modem return / the 30 days? And how did you return the modem
- turn in to local Rogers Video the next day to get the pro-ration?