[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Jul 18 19:43:40 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:

>  On 2014-07-18 18:57, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
> If things are decoupled or loosely coupled, then we get to chose any lego
> block to fit.
>
>  OT (maybe): Many decades ago, as a 10 year old I was enthralled by
> plastic bricks made by a competitor to Lego.
> I found that the Lego product was inferior as it was limited compared to
> my choice.
> But my choice disappeared from the market.
>
> I found out many years later that Lego had acquired the competitor and
> closed it down.
> Thus removing the option and the choice.
>
> JohnJ
> sysadm: Unix System III

Very interesting ...

A better analogy though is if Lego stopped making and selling the plain
building blocks, and only sold the pieces that make up the Star Wars fleet.

And to top it off, they changed the size of the connectors on the blocks to
be incompatible with the old blocks.

You have to throw away your old collection since it is not interoperable.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.