[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jul 8 02:11:25 EDT 2014

That antenna with a rotor could pull things from different directions. He
is getting Hamilton from North West Waterloo (close to the west end of
Northfield), but the tree is blocking Toronto for him. Maybe it will not
get Toronto at all, but maybe it can.

For $40, some people may want to try it out.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 12:27:17AM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > Here is a very cheap antenna that is available at KW Surplus for only
> $40.
> >
> > A friend of mine got it and mounted on his chimney where an old unused
> > satellite dish used to be.
> >
> > He is able to get CTV, Global, TVO and CHCH from Hamilton, and perhaps
> > something else that I forgot. It has a built in amplifier AND a remote
> > controlled rotor.
> >
> > Also, he has a big tree obstructing the view to the CN Tower so he can't
> > tell whether it gets it or not.
> >
> > He threw away the box so he does not know the exact model.
> >
> > It is either this one
> > http://www.naxa.com/antennas/naa-351.html
> >
> > Or this one
> > http://www.naxa.com/antennas/naa-350.html
> >
> > If someone tries this out, instead of the > $250 CM-4228HD and CM-7777,
> > please post your results here.
>
> When it comes to antenna, it's the aperture (area collecting the signal)
> that counts.  Your 8-bay is the best option because it has the largest
> aperture in the market.  I wish people not confuse Physics with Linux.
> There are no 500 different distros of Physics, and no 8 different ways
> of compiling Physics.
> --
> William

Khalid M. Baheyeldin