[kwlug-disc] Fw: [Website feedback] CentOS 6.5 i386-Won't Boot after Installing nvidia

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 20 13:31:38 EST 2014

I received this cry for help from the website. Is anybody interested
in offering some installation support to this person? If so then
contact me and I can forward Pete's address to you.

----- Forwarded message from [ADDRESS REDACTED] -----

Subject: [Website feedback] CentOS 6.5 i386-Won't Boot after Installing nvidia

pete sent a message using the contact form at http://kwlug.org/contact.

I need help to get my system back to being able to boot from the
nouveau driver instead of the nvidia driver. I know i installed the
right driver, i have a sff evo dc5000,intel compaq,the card i tried to
install was a GeForce fx 5200(128mb),i installed the 173...ect driver
and all the dependencies installed well. Then i configured my xorg
file,and now it wont finish first stage boot,so i cannot even logon as
root and uninstall evrything,...i do not want to lose the data on the
drive(160GB-WD),almost full to(LOL)!Movies and ebooks and rpm
files,music,...much there.  Can i receive a contact phone number via
my provided email address? [ADDRESS REDACTED]. I've tried many
things,mabe not proper tho????

----- End forwarded message -----

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org