[kwlug-disc] IP addresses and gateways--my google-fu seems to be lacking

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Jan 16 17:37:44 EST 2014

Brent wrote:
> It seems like internet traffic is refusing to use the wireless link
> when the wired one is connected, even tho there is no route to the
> internet

There's a BIOS setting on my laptop that automatically disconnects the
WiFi whenever I plug in a LAN cable. As far as Network Manager is
concerned, I no longer have any WiFi radio hardware (or maybe it
thinks I've switched it off with the button above the keyboard, I
don't recall).

I also don't recall what the wording of that setting is, but I can
(and did) disable it. I'm loath to shutdown and poke at my BIOS just
now to refresh my memory. Sorry.

- --Bob.