[kwlug-disc] Using mSata drives

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Wed Jan 15 22:35:42 EST 2014

For my Acer notebook I had hibernate working fine, but it would take ages
to reload the RAM since it was just a HDD - longer than rebooting, even.

Now I have it set to suspend when the lid is closed, and have also found it
can stay suspended for lengthy periods, even many days without needing
external power.

I'd probably try hibernation again if I had an SSD, I think it would be
reasonably snappy.