[kwlug-disc] Fwd: Permanent Full Time Linux Consultant

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 6 13:47:20 EST 2014

I am forwarding Chris's job posting here rather than on
kwlug-announce.

- Paul

-----
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 13:05:06 -0500
From: Christopher Burgess <chris at netdirect.ca>
To: kwlug-announce at kwlug.org
Subject: Permanent Full Time Linux Consultant

Net Direct is a Global Leader within the IT support industry we and are continuing to grow our IT Team. We are in need of a Linux Technical Consultant. This position is a permanent role working alongside other technical consultants and reporting to the Technical IT Manager.

This position will also include but not be limited to:
- Help desk duties for users across the country, supporting hardware, network, OS, applications
- Travel to customer locations
- Support for a wide range of organizations in various industries (enterprise, manufacturing, SMB, etc.)
- Managing improvement Projects.
- Assisting the IT Manager with the initial Design, Architecture & Technology choice work for all Systems & providing continuing advice to the IT Manager for the Design & Architecture of client systems.
- Software and Script development skills in one or more of PHP, Python, Shell Script, C, C++ are essential
- Security & performance are essential to this role, being highly motivated, self managed & are able to deliver meeting deadlines.

To be considered for this position my client is looking for the successful person to have:
- An extensive Linux background being technically hands with real world experience and a real passion for the IT Industry.
- Strong analytical & reporting skills.
- Previous experience executing & managing IT Infrastructure Projects.
- Good interpersonal skills when dealing with clients.

Additional consideration will be given to individuals with hands on experience with hardware systems including Server Systems (IBM, HP, SuperMicro), Storage (SAN, NAS), HPC Clusters, Networking.

If you would like to be considered for this fantastic position working with a company who really focus on work/life balance then please send your resume in Word or Open Document Format to chris at netdirect.ca

----- End forwarded message -----

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org