[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Dec 9 22:44:32 EST 2014

> But more seriously ...
>
> What I am going to do, is protect the other motherboard components
> using aluminium foil, like so:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E34y9l49Zc

Well, I did what this video said

Covering all the motherboard with aluminium foil, except for the flash
memory chip, and adding a tiny piece of solder on a piece of foil
beside the chip

Followed by heating the chip on high until the piece melted + 5 more seconds.

Then let it cool for 15 minutes or so ...

And the TABLET NOW WORKS AGAIN!

Amazing ...

The only issue is mechanical (not electronic). The microSD Card cover
would not go in. It is stuck on something. So I will have to open the
tablet again and provide it a path to slide into without getting stuck
on something.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.