[kwlug-disc] e-Readers -> e-Libraries - corners creased, sticky notes and bookmarks left in ... wha?

Nick Guenther nguenthe at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 6 12:36:42 EST 2014

On December 6, 2014 12:24:57 PM EST, "B.S." <bs27975 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Is there something / term / concept out there like an 'XBMC for
>"books"'
>out there? [Please pardon my abuse of 'XBMC' as 'merely' representing
>collecting all things audio and TV presentement, into a common front
>end
>/ access mechanism.]

The closest you're going to get is FBReader. It supports the ebook-RSS format and comes with several sites predefined. There's an Android port, too, and a text-to-speech plugin for it.

The manufacturers--Kobo, Nook, Sony (now defunct)--all have their own ebook stores which of course they try hard to make end-users believe is all there is.