[kwlug-disc] need a new router -- which one?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 3 14:32:04 EST 2014

Hi all,

My TP-Link WDR4300 (N750, dual-band) is acting up,
    - dropping wifi connection, soon after getting IP, then repeat
    - internet throughput goes up and down, like sine wave
    - throughput chokes every 2min for about 10sec

So, I could get the same one, or try something different.

1. Does anyone have Linksys WRT54GL ?  It's single-band N300, but on
    sale for $30 at CC.  It may be well supported, but my experience
    with regular WRT54G (single-band, G54) is that it's slow.

2. Which dual-band router do you have?
--
William