[kwlug-disc] Flash and Java

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Tue Aug 26 16:27:15 EDT 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:29:20 -0400, Keefer Rourke <keefer.rourke at gmail.com> said:

> Pipelight uses Wine as a work around doesn't it? I feel like using the
> official flashplugin for Firefox would be more efficient.

Yes, Pipelight uses Wine.

> In my experience most things run with the official version of flash
> for GNU/Linux.

I've run into one or two things that required a more recent version of
Flash.  But yes, for most things, the Linux version is probably recent
enough.

> I very briefly used Pipelight as a way to make MS Silverlight work,
> but changed my mind because it was slower and heavier on system
> resources.

For some reason, the Linux version of Flash refused to do anything at
all on my system, other than eat up CPU and crash the browser.