[kwlug-disc] Multiple NICs on Ubuntu Server 14.04

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Aug 18 15:56:50 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:44 PM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now this is where I am stuck.  Virt-manager is pretty much useless (you
> run it and it just goes away)  and virt-viewer is crying about not being
> able to find the Display (I am running Ubuntu Server, which is CLI only.
>  Is that the problem?)

Try explicitly specifying the connection.

If KVM/libvirt are running on the local machine do:

$ virt-viewer -c qemu:///system europa

If KVM/libvirt are running on a remote machine do:

$ virt-viewer -c qemu+ssh://server_name/system europa
(Assuming that you have ssh access to the remote machine called
server_name).

>  I'm still trying to get past this issue and actually see the VM.  I'll
> let you know how that goes.  If I knew europa's IP or something that I
> could connect to...

One of the above should get you a console, and from there you can login,
then do ifconfig to know what IP address it uses.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.