[kwlug-disc] [kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: OpenWRT

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 13:38:48 EDT 2014

Not to rain on the parade here... but I noticed a number of people
recommending TP-Link.  I seem to recall several months ago (maybe over a
year ago) a big stink about TP-Link routers having backdoors.  Here's one
such example (looking for more):
http://malwarelist.net/2013/03/15/backdoor-in-tp-link-devices/

My question is.. would openWRT negate the backdoor, or is the problem a bit
deeper in the router?