[kwlug-disc] [kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: OpenWRT

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Aug 14 13:33:14 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote

> Package: lm-sensors
> Version: 3.3.5-1
> Depends: libc, sysfsutils, libsensors
> Source: feeds/packages/utils/lm-sensors
> License: GPL-2.0+ LGPL-2.1+
> Section: utils
> Installed-Size: 6802
> Filename: lm-sensors_3.3.5-1_ar71xx.ipk
>
> So, yes, there is lm-sensors for OpenWRT.
>
> But as usual, having the package is one thing and having the actual
> sensors that report temperature is another thing.

I tried installing it, but a dependency is missing from the daily snapshots

# opkg update
Downloading
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/packages/Packages.gz
.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/barrier_breaker.
# opkg install lm-sensors
Installing lm-sensors (3.3.5-1) to root...
Downloading
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/packages/lm-sensors_3.3.5-1_ar71xx.ipk
.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
lm-sensors:
 *      sysfsutils *    sysfsutils *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package lm-sensors.

On the RC3, the missing package is available. So if I upgrade to the RC, I
should be able to install lm-sensors and find out.

http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/

But, I will wait until a stable version comes out rather than keep chasing
RCs and Betas ...

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.