[kwlug-disc] Upgrading from 12.04 to 14.04

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Aug 12 12:15:15 EDT 2014

I am still on 12.04, since I usually delay upgrading until the first point
release is out.

Now that 14.04.1 is out, it is time to do some upgrades.
On the server, there is the issue the PHP 5.5 being the default and some
Drupal modules do not work with that well. So I am delaying some of the
servers for a while.

On the desktop I use Kubuntu (KDE), and I finally got the notice that it is
time to upgrade.

For those who upgraded already, is there anything that I should watch for?
Something not working, missing packages, quirks, ..etc.?

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.