[kwlug-disc] Multi-bay docks ... 1 at a time??? [Was: Re: Linux-compatible eSATA expansion cards]

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Tue Aug 5 12:56:50 EDT 2014

I have no opinion or experience to share but thought that the following
links might be helpful.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipset
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northbridge_%28computing%29
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southbridge_%28computing%29

Note: According to one of the above, IDE, SATA & USB are on the
Southbridge chip.

JohnJ