[kwlug-disc] Virtualization technology

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Aug 1 23:05:53 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 11:01 PM, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Be careful of those numbers.  It could be, because VirtualBox is more
> responsive, has better video, and easier control of USB devices.

Fair point.

It could also be due to the different images. In case of VirtualBox, I was
able to install from the stock ISO images. In case of KVM, it was from the
Cloud Images.

But because all these VMs will be used mainly for testing functionality,
and not running any real workload, having a low overhead overall is nice to
have.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.