[kwlug-disc] Networking on libvirt vs. VirtualBox

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Aug 1 17:05:40 EDT 2014

Another difference between libvirt and VirtualBox.

I was able to take the Ubuntu Server stock .iso file, and install it inside
of VirtualBox normally. That includes installing grub in the virtual disk's
MBR.

With libvirt, grub installation does not complete, with no errors. The step
proceeds, then returns to the tasks.

So, I am unable to have a working VM with KVM and libvirt so far because of
grub aborting.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.