[kwlug-disc] Hard disk smartctl errors

Nickle, Brian brian at nickle.ca
Wed Apr 30 15:26:08 EDT 2014

I've used the freezer trick numerous times with great success.  I usually
run the drive while still frozen as I find they sometimes fail more
frequently as they heat up.

One thing to note if you plan to send the drive off to 3rd party data
recovery it is best not to freeze the drive as the condensation and
resulting ice can destroy data.

Brian