[kwlug-disc] POSSE, or cross-posting [was: kwlug moribund? [Was: Creative Mornings]]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Apr 28 18:36:19 EDT 2014

That seems more like PESOS (Publish Elsewhere, Syndicate to your Own
Site).  I'm guessing the plugin logs into Google+ as you, then scrapes
the content to re-publish on your blog.

As near as I can tell, there's no public API for Google+ to let you
publish *to* Google+ from a blog. That would be POSSE (Publish on your
Own Site, Syndicate Elsewhere) which is what I would like to do, both
for my own blog as well as @KWLUG in the !Fediverse.

And then there's all the rumours of Google+ following Google Talk and
Google Buzz and Google Wave and Google Reader to that great bitbucket
in the 'Plex.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/24/google-is-walking-dead/

and, of course, https://www.xkcd.com/1361/

- --Bob.