[kwlug-disc] Reason number X + 1 why I love Linux

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:09:04 EDT 2014

Just installed UbuntuStudio 14.04 on my primary production machine.
(Not without problem--persistant "kerneloops" reprt request is driving
me nuts--hope they fix that soon)

However, during a much overdue cleaning of my living space I found my
old parallel port Zip100 drive (from back before they needed to
distinguish it with the "100" part from the later model) and a box of
zip disks that I should copy the contents of.

The sum total of the steps required to make the drive work was to plug
it in to the parallel port (which this PC still has) and type "sudo
modprobe ppa".  That was it.

I so love Linux.....

Brent