[kwlug-disc] Refurb laptops & monitors - Eco-Tech Recycling?

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Wed Apr 23 21:43:36 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:46:43PM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Refurb laptops & monitors - Eco-Tech Recycling?
>
> I have a soft spot for the Lenovo T60s and T61s. Several years ago we
> purchased some new at work and they have been reliable (and heavily
> used). We recently had some donated, and are in the process of making
> these laptops our main staff laptops throughout the organization.

The T60 and T61 series have well-established track records for
endurance. Since they were one of the last designs done by IBM,
many people prefer them to the later Lenovo Thinkpad series,
mostly identifiable by three-digit model numbers (T400, X200,
etc.). But even the recent Lenovo models are well liked by many
in the Linux community.

excellent resource for this information. Lenovo recently assigned
one of their engineers to contribute "inside info" to the list
(mostly about new models).

Here's an excerpt from a recent post about modifying a T60 into a
"Frankenpad":