[kwlug-disc] Refurb laptops & monitors - Eco-Tech Recycling?

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:37:56 EDT 2014

Well they could obtain the original media, but they'd have to contact Dell/HP/Lenovo/whomever the OEM was to obtain the media.

An OEM install would likely work on non-MRR licenses, but from Microsoft's standpoint without the COA plus restore media (could be partition too) it's a no-no.

I agree with Paul, the T60s and T61s are nice notebooks. If I was buying a refurb from Eco-Tech I'd buy one of those two.

You can buy new consumer laptops for just a bit more, but the quality really isn't there when you compare a new $300 laptop with a business class laptop (which the T60/61 and HP are).

Note that the Toshiba has a "Grade B," meaning that physically/cosmetically it probably isn't quite as good as the other notebooks.
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Sent from my cell phone.