[kwlug-disc] Advanced(?) Git usage question

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Mon Apr 21 21:37:52 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-21 21:23, Chris Frey wrote:
> Why did you commit this change to rewind_2f7c343 as opposed to another branch?
> The answer might assist you in determining the best route for merging.
>
> Again, my theory is that bugfixes belong in master (or your equivalent

I agree that bugfixes belong in the master. (Or in my case, the branch
that is now a pseudo-master).
And that bugfixes do not belong in the rewind_xxxxx branches.

I do not recall exactly what I did or why (I was a few days ago) but I
may have, once the behavioural issues were sorted out, worked out a bug
fix in the rewind_2f7c343 branch intending to port/merge it with the master.

Thanks again
JohnJ