[kwlug-disc] trimming posts

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Apr 20 12:42:17 EDT 2014

Agreed. The quoted text is from a time long since passed, and the world
of e-mail lists instead of newsgroups has moved on. Especially in a
small local geographic list such as this is.

Granted, digesting makes the problem worse, which is why I have long
since abandoned it on most any list I participate in.

Paul's 40k limit for the purposes of keeping posts small is specious - I
can't recall the last time I saw a post get anywhere near it. It does,
however, keep most attachments away, for which I am very grateful.

On 14-04-20 12:35 PM, rbclemen at gmail.com wrote:
> Top posting makes the perfectly reasonable assumption that most
> people in the discussion aren't new to it, and don't need to scroll
> through a dozen pages of now poorly formatted text they have already
> read to find the start of the purpose of the email.
>
> I certainly don't mind inline replies with unnecessary bits trimmed.
> I almost certainly still have previous messages to go back to if
> necessary

On 14-04-20 12:27 PM, Adam Glauser wrote:> In case people skipped over
this bit in Steve's signature, I thought I'd