[kwlug-disc] Different kernel version on same LTS?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Apr 18 21:37:39 EDT 2014

On 14-04-18 09:04 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Rashkae wrote:
>> You can run sudo apt-get dis-upgrade to update all packages,
>> including kernel.
>
> I've been running 'sudo apt-get dist-upgrade' on both the "simak" and
> "irving" hosts, and yet they're still running the 3.2 kernel...
>
> - --Bob.

Apologies, I guess I should have checked that before replying and
exposing my ignorance.  Still, I'll wager you installed the one host
with a newer spin cd that included the updated kernel.  You can
definitely manually install the newer kernel,  (without looking up the
exact package name, I would just use synaptic, or GUI of choice, to fin it.)

But that's probably a "If it ain't broke" project.  Might as well wait
until the update to 14.04.