[kwlug-disc] Advanced(?) Git usage question

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Apr 15 20:09:03 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 07:43:13PM -0400, Jonathan Poole wrote:
> I’ve adopted the git-flow branching model at home, and work.
> With little hesitations now, we are growing to love it.  Merging and
> rebasing is fairly straightforward, but I don’t know what kind of code
> your writing that would not inherit the model successfully.

I assume you're referring to this:

I mostly do use that flow, but in my experience, the number of merge
commits (as opposed to fast-forwards) are pretty low, since I highly
favour rebasing before ultimately merging with master, wherever possible.
It keeps history simple, and keeps my development in sync with the
lastest good code.

- Chris