[kwlug-disc] Heartbleed affected sites

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Tue Apr 15 17:47:59 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-15 16:32, unsolicited wrote:
> Provide more surgical reports to the media.

No offense. But you seem to be asking the government agencies (and
media) for more surgical (aka edited) reports as well as more detail and
context.
Are these requirements not mutually exclusive?

And, to be fair, it is news if the CRA aka Revenue Canada and other
government agencies shuts down their portals.

> ISPs are now using boxes, packet analyzers, that can keep up with the
> pipes, to block encrypted (torrent) traffic. I forget the name, but
> they're local to K-W.

Local internet traffic equipment providers: Sandvine, Exinda.
Local security equipment and software tools: Blue Coat

One of the above, Sandvine, is home grown here in KW. The others are
divisions of a foreign parent company.

There could be others.

JohnJ