[kwlug-disc] Linux on Windows 8 laptops with UEFI

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Apr 9 18:51:07 EDT 2014

Interesting.

So you had to turn of SecureBoot to boot the DVD? Or just changed the
boot order?

If turn off of SecureBoot, did turning it on post-install still let it boot?

Evidently, note to selves, don't nuke the /boot/efi partition? (In which
Ubuntu is probably putting keys for the UEFI / SecureBoot to find at
startup? [Or turn off SecureBoot and live with it that way if you don't
want the extra partition?]