[kwlug-disc] The sweet(?) smell of power supplies

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:23:33 EDT 2014

So I used to NFS mount a large drive for my XBMC setup. It worked okay, but at that time I wasn't storing anything 1080p quality.

We do currently have a second wired machine (gigabit switch) that we sometimes run xbmc and connect to our main xbmc machine using upnp and it works for us.

The one thing I've wondered is if using NFS might have contributed to the hard drive's smart errors (after about 1 year of use)... I doubt it, but since I haven't done any NFS since... The drive was a 1TB Seagate. Current 2TB has been great for several years (bought it when hd prices were crazy low - $69).
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Sent from my cell phone.