[kwlug-disc] The sweet(?) smell of power supplies

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:44:50 EDT 2014

Just for fun, this would be approximately the best you can do while
staying safely under 150Watts and staying reasonably priced:

> PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3nyKO
> Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3nyKO/by_merchant/
> Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3nyKO/benchmarks/
>
> CPU: Intel Core i3-2120T 2.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($160.80 @ Amazon Canada)
> Motherboard: MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($88.02 @ Amazon Canada)
> Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($79.99 @ Canada Computers)
> Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($129.99 @ NCIX)
>
> Total: $458.80
> Estimated Wattage: 109W
>
> Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
> (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 10:33 EDT-0400)

That would scream running Linux, but would be lacking for gaming. No
idea what Windows needs nowadays though. That website is too much fun.
Now, back to work... right...

-Jason