[kwlug-disc] Big Brother Insurance Company?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:55:16 EDT 2014

Is anyone else out there as bothered as I am by the new commercial from
Desjardins Insurance that claims that you can get lower auto rates by
installing their black box in your car?  Are they so blatant about spying
on us that they can put it in a TV commercial?  Are people falling for this?

Maybe I've been reading too much RMS lately, but the idea of a private
company knowing this much detail about me is a bit disturbing.

Any thoughts, anyone?