[kwlug-disc] Cloud services

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:15:06 EDT 2014

If you just want file syncing, I've just started using Bittorrent Sync, now
that a GUI is available.

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/install-bittorrent-sync-gui-in-ubuntu.html

It uses bittorrent, which is great as there's no server, but less great if
your ISP blocks or hinders bittorrent and/or you want to share links.
Which it can't do.

It's handling the bulk of what I used Ubuntu One for now, along with a
minimal Dropbox which has the auto-upload photo feature I liked on my phone
and for easy sharing.

OMG Ubuntu has a round-up of some other U1-like services here:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/04/three-alternatives-ubuntu-one

Darcy.