[kwlug-disc] Tax preparation software

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 1 02:44:12 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 02:23:22AM -0400, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Hi everyone: Is there Canadian/Ontario tax preparation software
> available for Linux?  Even commercial, non-free software?

I wish. The situation looks fairly dismal.

> Even the CRA's own recommendations are not encouraging:
>
>  * http://www.netfile.gc.ca/sftwr-eng.html

It looks as if a few of these work with WINE:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6630
(This lists 2012, but I have reasons to believe that 2013 is not that
different.)

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=14915

I am guessing you will need a fair amount of wine (or something
harder) to get these working on your computer, but it looks doable.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org