[kwlug-disc] Problem accessing a website

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Sep 30 18:05:40 EDT 2013

By chance, have you tried rebooting your router? (Fixed things for me
once or twice.)

Can you do a traceroute from each, see if we can spot where (if) you're
getting stopped?

[Weird thought, below, can it get back to you?]

nslookup, too, see if you're getting back different ip's to go towards.

Sounds like you've checked if using the same DNS servers / getting the
same thing back.

A bit of bizarreness I've run into, perhaps you are too:

For the longest time I could not get anything out of http://kwootc.ca.
Everyone else I asked always could, but not me, from any machine or
browser. (IE, firefox, chrome, safari, opera, windows xp or 7, linux,
with/out firewall, blocks, addons, anything.)

I could get to the page, but it was coming back without any source /
content. View source revealed 0 bytes. If I went to a sub-page, like
http://kwootc.ca/?page_id=88, it was all happy, just not the front door.

Then some browsers started working (weeks later).

Today all is well. (Weeks beyond that.)

Baffled the <x> out of me. Still does. But now works, so nothing to dig
into.

Good luck on this!

[Years ago ran into a similar problem - two providers/carriers along the
route had an router inter-connection issue. Was able to get to one
provider's trouble desk - they confirmed the problem, contacted the
other provider, and sorted things out between themselves.]