[kwlug-disc] KWLUG 2013.09.09 ZFS and btrfs

Chamunks Arkturus chamunks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 05:00:42 EDT 2013

I've already got one of these
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/ and one of these
http://www.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=565 incase that
doesn't show up correctly its the Blackmagic Intensity Pro and the
Avermedia Broadcaster HD so either of these would due just great.  The only
issue is we would need a video card that would support Cuda or OpenCL to
help with pre-livestream encoding because the more encoding we do pre
internet the less bandwidth we need.  So that also said we would need a
board that would also have at least two pcie slots one 1x and one 16x these
requirements may be a bit over our budget hence why I've basically been
lugging my rig out.  Though a screen of a decent size minimum 720P and some
cabling/keyboard would be very helpful indeed.  I can make a list of what I
don't mind bringing to the party.

Mouse / USB mic / Tower / Encoding / capture gear / Camera

Things that would help lighten the load if we can get them would include.

Keyboard / power cords / power bar / ethernet (we usually already have
this) / microphone stand ( possible second one?) / Monitor
(720Pmin preferable) / VGA cable  and finally a DVI cable (assuming the
monitor would be DVI)

I'm still kind of dreaming up what I'll want to drag out with me on a
regular basis but I've also been in the brain space to dump my case and go
for something a bit lighter.  I'm getting some sheet metal and have
acquired a tap&die kit so I may come up with some frankenstein custom build
to drag around.  That case I have is obese it wasn't originally purchased
with the intent of being moved around.