[kwlug-disc] OT: Speakers wanted for surveillance/NSA/CSEC panel

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 20 14:43:47 EDT 2013

I received a request for speakers for an upcoming panel, which is
likely to be held at the beginning of November. Do we know of anybody
who is interested and informed on these issues, and would be willing
to participate? (Disclaimer: this panel is being organized by WPIRG,
which has a distinctly left-wing orientation.)

Here is an excerpt from the original email:

> [W]e are looking to hold a panel discussion/public forum on CSEC,
> surveillance, and privacy in Canada in the wake of the (many) NSA
> spying scandal(s) that have come to light this summer. Knowing that
> you are interested in these sorts of conversations, are there any
> speakers you'd be particularly keen to hear from or have us host to
> discuss this?

You can let me know and I can pass the information on.

- Paul

--
Join us at Software Freedom Day, Sat Sept 28:
http://www.theworkingcentre.org/sfd