[kwlug-disc] Renaming a directory containing double quotation marks

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Sep 18 14:11:10 EDT 2013

If the file starts with normal letters or numbers, then I type:

$ rmdir abc

Then hit tab and let bash do the escaping for me.

Another way is to see any pattern of regular characters then do:

$ rmdir "*abc*"

(assuming no other directories in the current directory match those
characters!)

And let the shell figure it out.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM, John Driezen <jdriezen at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> How do I rename a directory that contains double quotation marks from the
> command line?  I'm using a bash shell.
>
> John Driezen
> jdriezen at sympatico.ca

Khalid M. Baheyeldin