[kwlug-disc] Favourite free sip registrars?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Sep 13 13:04:22 EDT 2013

To be fair, the fixed monthly fee for unlimited (3500 minutes), 2
channels, is an option. Since I'll never talk for 396 minutes in a
month, I'd go for the $0.99 per month, $0.01 per minute plan, unlimited
channels. And that's only if one gets a DID.

You can call out for a $25 deposit, $0.0052/minute, Canada, and not
worry about the DID. People will still get you at sip://me@voip.ms, and
VoIP to VoIP is free.

But then, this was only ever about calling out to non-PSTN, anyways -
there's no way for a caller to know where these people will be at at any
given point in time, to know if they're currently connected.

As for hardware thingie ... wi-fi and one's android phone. Done.

- assuming one has one, and the knowledge transfer.

Or laptop softphone at home, headset, and/or one of those usb / phone
adapters. Or just use the builtin mic/camera/speakers.

Remember - $0/month income. At least for the case of the OP.