[kwlug-disc] cd case insensitive? (NOT autocompletion)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Sep 10 09:00:11 EDT 2013

It occurred to me I ran into this because I moved files from a windows
share to the local ext4 disk, and that case hadn't been an issue before.

So, one way around this is to mount your own files via samba:

smbmount //mycomputer/mydata /mnt/data -o nocase

Allows cd /mnt/data/me

... strange, but true!
(strange as in, why would one want to indirectly access their own disk)