[kwlug-disc] Favourite free sip registrars?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Sep 9 15:57:09 EDT 2013

That's a very interesting thought, thank you - used android phones.

Not something we could do - Working Centre or Computer Recycling?

Wi-Fi is a given for the scenario. They would have to be in a place that
has wi-fi, let alone somewhat unrestricted wi-fi. (Not sure off the top
of my head if the library 'qualifies' as that - haven't been there in a
while with any wi-fi devices to hand). I guess whatever wi-fi is present
would also have to have sufficient bandwidth available for decent voice
quality - not that it takes much, but if they all tried to talk at the
same time ...

There's lots of places with free wi-fi, and this population will be well
aware of them / share. If it matters to them, they will seek these
places out. (e.g. They find Working Centre, and health support and lunch
at SJK, and so on.) [Thinking of that, now I understand Paul's
frustration that SJK doesn't already have wi-fi.]

It wouldn't surprise me if the Working Centre maintains a list of
hotspots. If not, I'd bet there's a web list around somewhere.

I specifically set up a charging station for exactly this purpose for
Fridays. I expect the other site/nights probably would to, if they don't
already, given sufficient demand.

Thank you for your message, some good thoughts and reminders of issues
in it.