[kwlug-disc] OT: "No I will not fix your computer."

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 31 01:18:02 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 05:05:31PM -0400, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> unsolicited wrote:

> > But back to Paul's point ... Where to send a user with a broken
> > computer, for the least cost.
>
> I don't think Paul was asking for an ROI analysis, just a list of repair
> shops.
>
> The quick and dirty answer is: Geek Squad at Best Buy/Futureshop,
> EasyTech at Staples, and Nerds On Wheels.  Good luck with GNU/Linux
> systems, tho.

Are these places actually worth sending people to? Do they do good
work?

The person I am thinking of was quoted $250 for an operating system
reinstall (Windows, of course). He was balking at that price (for what
I think are justifiable reasons).

- Paul

--
Does Canadian Blood Services Have an Image Problem?
http://youtu.be/vRfzDPKI9U0