[kwlug-disc] Old computer for video streaming of KWLUG meeting

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 12 18:35:52 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 09:57:28PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the last meeting, Paul said something about donating a computer or
> parts, so that it can be left at the St. John's Kitchen, instead of
> carrying back and forth.  I seem to have an old computer:
>     - Asus M2N-E AM2 motherboard
>     - Athlon LE-1620 2.4GHz single-core
>     - 8GB DDR2-667 (it still hurts to think about how much I paid then)
>     - NVidia 8500GT
>     - Antec mid-tower with 380W power supply
>
> Will it do?

I will let Colin weigh in on this, but as far as I can tell that
system fits the request nicely. If the CPU is not beefy enough then I
think we have some dual-core CPUs that will fit that motherboard.

Thanks so much for this! Maybe you could bring it to next month's
meeting and we could try to have the new setup ready for December?

- Paul

--
My Ignite Waterloo 12 video: http://youtu.be/vRfzDPKI9U0
Blog followup: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org/2013/ignite-followup/