[kwlug-disc] mount changes mount point (dir) permissions to root, root - how to affect?

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Mon Nov 25 21:17:02 EST 2013

Maybe something like this would work:
mount ... -o gid=users

The mount options specified with "-o" certainly affect the mount point...

It's generally the permissions of the device being mounted that take
effect, not the mount point. Umask does take effect, but if it's more
permissive than the device permissions then it won't be noticed. You
can add ",umask=000" to the mount "-o" option if you find it does
cause a problem.