[kwlug-disc] Kitchener Waterloo Cable ISPs

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Nov 11 23:45:01 EST 2013

Which I answered in my post.

Check the forums or call. Make sure you read the agreement before
signing up - it is the only provider I could see that explicitly didn't
say you can't run a server. Further checking on their forums at the time
noted that servers are allowed. What isn't allowed is unreasonable use -
reasonable use being something most here could agree on. i.e. Web server
traffic being reasonable. Unreasonable use mostly being illegal use -
commercial spamming, or piracy file storage site.

I've no doubt you're not particularly interested in a server Khalid, but
it was interesting / useful to know what the terms of use were.

In theory, providers can get you if you merely VNC home - after all, VNC
is a 'server'. Presumably a test web site, e-mail or cms server, would
also qualify as justification for Rogers to shut one down if they were
so inclined.